Setting up an Empire POS
- You cannot anchor a POS in an NPC corp you MUST be in a player corp
The easiest way to get a corp up and running with the correct standings
is to make a 1 player corp with a player who already has high faction
standing personally. After 7 days the standings will jump to the average of all players in the corp not counting those with neutral standings.
- If you have close
personal faction standing to the target corp faction standing you may
have to do more storyline missions. For example, if you have 5.00 standing
personally then you might have to increase that to 5.01 (as in the
screenshot below) as EVE rounds the figures so your 5.00 standing might
actually be 4.99.
- The player corp must have 10x FACTION standing according to the security
status of the solarsystem you want to anchor the POS in. For
- For 0.4 you need 4.0 standing
- For 0.5 you need 5.0 standing
- For 0.6 you need 6.0 standing
- For 0.7 you need 7.0 standing
- The standing you need is CORP to FACTION standing, not your personal standing and no skills are taken into account on this so it's your base standings, not modified by skills which is the faction amount you will get.
This is easier to explain using a screenshot:
Click your CORP button (left menu) select Politics/Standings as shown above, your CORP faction standing must be 10x higher than the solarsystem you want to anchor a POS in. So looking at my old corps faction standing I could anchor a POS anywhere in Amarr space in 0.5 and below or in Caldari space in a 0.6 and below. In the screenshot above I could not anchor in the solarsystem I was in (Dresi) as it is a 0.6 and I only have 5.01 faction standing.
- To gain FACTION standings you can do two things :-
- 1) do Missions until you get a storyline mission (these are given out after roughly 16 completed normal missions). You only get FACTION standing from doing the storyline missions, ordinary missions only give personal and corp standing to the CORPORATION you get your mission from.
- 2) Kill NPC rats that the empire sovereignty hates. This is a MUCH MUCH harder way to gain FACTION standing as you would have to kill I reckon tens to hundreds of thousands of NPC rats.
- Note: It has been know that looking at your own factions standings
page shows the amounts incorrectly. Use an alt that is NOT in your
corp to look up the standings: Fix for not being able to see your own standings.
- Click People & Places (left menu)
- Select Search type to be corporation and type in the corp name
- In the box that appears right click your corp and show info on it
- Click the Standings tab and then Liked By (as shown below)
- The above is the only sure fire way of seeing your correct standings (until it's fixed).
- Once you have the correct FACTION CORP standing you can anchor your Control Tower (POS).
- Ok so I put up my Control tower
now what can I and can't I anchor - that information can be found on
- Once your control tower is anchored other people can then join your corp as you only require standings to anchor the tower.
- Putting up a POS by creating a new corp means that the POS is stuck in the new corp, it can't be moved in any way shape or form to another corp (unless it is tore down and put back up - in which case the corp putting it back up will still require faction standing).