Tech II Production
In brief the whole process of Tech II production from start to finish is:
- Using a POS, harvest moon materials
- Using a POS, mix basic moon materials together in a POS reactor to get processed materials
- Using a POS, mix the processed materials together to get advanced materials
- Using a factory in a station combine the advanced materials together to make Tech II components
- Use invention to get a Tech II blueprint copy or buy one off the market (tech II BPOs are no longer availabel unless you buy one from another player)
- Using a factory in a station take the components together with other materials and build the Tech II item.
As you will see if you want to build Tech II items from scratch it's not going to be easy, firstly you will need to understand POSs. Then you will need to find the right moons to harvest the materials from them and guess what, that's not going to be easy because most of the high end material moons are taken by other corps and alliances. A lot of the required information on POS havesting and reacting can be found in the POS section.
You can however, get the basic materials from the market and react them yourself, this would require you to put up a POS in a 0.3 solarsystem though as you can't anchor reactors in any sector higher.
The rest is pretty straightforward, although don't forget the skills needed for manufacturing.